Call for Applications: Open positions for cross-appointed research fellows
NERPS has secured a multi-year funding from 2020 to 2021 to support research and the establishment of new research clusters at Hiroshima University on the nexus of sustainability and peace in the context of global environmental change, including the post COVID-19 era.
We invited applications from academic researchers by July 31, 2020 that propose 2-year research projects, addressing one or a combination of the following thematic research areas.* Funding for the second year is subject to successful completion and performance during the first year. The intent is to award successful applicants no later than August 31, 2020, and the cross-appointment period will begin on October 1, 2020. Download the call for details.
1. Resources in the context of the nexus (land, water, food, energy, fisheries, minerals, oil and gas, etc.), both domestic and transboundary types
2. Digital technologies in the context of the nexus in an increasingly digital world (AI, Big Data, ICT, digital divide)
3. Migration in the context of the nexus (environmental/climate/ disaster/ conflicts, etc.)
4. Governance and institutions, and justice in the context of the nexus (local, national and international systems)
*Education would be an overarching topic of interest across the themes.
- Affiliation (Appointment):
Academy of Hiroshima University (Network for Education and Research on Peace and Sustainability (NERPS) at Hiroshima University)
- Position(s) and the number of opening(s):
Specially Appointed Professor, or Specially Appointed Associate Professor*, Four (4)
*Depending on the result of the performance reviews of the applicant at the time of employment
- Commencing date of employment:
October 1, 2020
- Terms of employment:
– Cross-appointed position(s)
– Period of employment: 2 years from October 2020 to March 2022, according to Japanese fiscal calendar
– The awardee is eligible to receive a two-month salary according to the Hiroshima University Standard and a research grant of up to 5,000,000 JPY each year as the budget for the proposed project.
– Awardees will assume the cross-appointment position at Hiroshima University on the agreed starting date, which will be decided between the applicant’s institution and Hiroshima University on the basis of the agreement. This cross-appointment should not affect the current employment of the awardee.
- Application deadline:
Noon on July 31, 2020 (Japan time)
More information regarding the qualification requirements, teaching responsibilities, necessary application materials and selection procedure: HERE