The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) has launched a Pilot Call for Proposals with a deadline of 25 May 2021 and 23 selected projects will receive expert coaching and funding from the EIT Community. The results will be announced in June 2021, followed by a Second Call in the autumn of 2021.
Pilot projects will run for 24 months from July 2021 until July 2023. The successful completion of Phase 1 (July – December 2021) will facilitate progression into Phase 2 (January 2022 – July 2023). Funding of up to EUR 400 000 per consortium will be available during Phase 1, with up to EUR 800 000 available for Phase 2, leading to a total of up to EUR 1.2 million over 24 months.
The EIT’s initiative to build capacity for entrepreneurship and innovation in European universities involves activities to support higher education institutions in the following directions:
- Fostering institutional engagement and change
- Strengthening partnerships between higher education, business and research organisations
- Developing innovation and business support services
- Enhancing the quality of entrepreneurial education
- Creating and disseminating knowledge
Participants must be united in consortia of at least 4 organizations, including at least one that is not a HEI, subject to the requirements:
- One coordinating HEI which submits the application
- Minimum of two other HEIs
- Minimum one HEI that is a partner of an EIT KIC
- The majority of HEIs shall be non-partners of an EIT KIC
- A minimum of one actor from another side of the Knowledge Triangle (e.g. VET organisations, RTOs, SMEs and start-ups)
More info from HERE